Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, November 14, 2005

Last weekend I brought visiting film buff friends to dinner at the Goldfinch restaurant at Causeway Bay. They were excited as Wong Kar Wai shot parts of "In the Mood for Love" and "2046" at this place, so we did the tourist gawking bit and embarrassed ourselves thoroughly. lol.

Didn't do much except vege out at the Rockit music festival at Victoria Park on both Saturday and Sunday. The plus point was I stayed so near Victoria Park that I went back to my apartment instead of queue up for the portaloo. The low points were a) Brian Jonestown Massacre didn't make it, and b) a drunk angmo girl spilt beer on me and snarled at me after that. Imbecile.

Brought along my sudoku puzzle book to occupy time during the Rockit festival. Though I'm game enough to do things on my own, I admit I still need props like a book or puzzles to establish a barrier around myself from other people. Didn't work this time though. The first day I was at the music festival, a caucasian guy walking alongside me told me he bet he would beat me at sudoku (but ran off before he could prove himself). The second day I turned up, a passing caucasian guy called out to me, "Hey look, it's sudoku girl! We were observing you solve puzzles yesterday!". Odd how it's only the caucasians who are compelled to talk to me about sudoku.

I've thought about my obsession with sudoku and it boils down to my fascination for numbers and pattern recognition. I'm surprised I caught on to it so late.

2 Comments:

  • I also want to play.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 PM  

  • I believe the UK popularise this Jap game. Singapore just started publishing it in its newspapers. HK is slightly ahead.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home