Random thoughts Stray memories

Thursday, September 01, 2005

While chatting with the security guards yesterday, they showed me a name list of all the tenants in the building and I finally found out the name of my next-door neighbour (henceforth referred to as Hottie). The guards told me Hottie is Eurasian and speaks a bit of Cantonese, and they advised me to bake a cake for him so I can introduce myself; and if I don't dare to, I can offer them the cake instead. lol. The guards are so much fun to talk to.

Oh, and I made my first friend in the building. He's an Aussie Chinese I met in the lift a couple of nights ago, carrying an ironing board he's purchased back up to his room. I looked at the board and couldn't resist saying, "There's an ironing board in the laundry room, you know". Then he sighed and we whinged upon buying mismatched bedsheets on our first night there, before I made it to my floor and stepped out of the lift. And I didn't see him again till this morning in the lift.

Sidenote about those lifts (which I've demonstrated to the guards too on their mysterious time zones): the 3 lifts in my building don't have a central button to summon them, ie. the button you press only activates the lift next to it. Hence, sometimes I'll do the evil routine of pressing every button and stepping into the first lift that arrives.

So this morning I did this and stepped in the lift to find Ironing Board (yes, what a shame I've to assign him this nickname). We said hi and then I carried on to greet everyone who stepped in on the other floors (including a schoolboy who's starting his first day of school today and held the front door open for me later, sweetie!).

[I don't know why I've this compulsive habit to greet people in a) hotel/ apartment lifts b) in the mornings c)in foreign countries.]

Anyway, Ironing Board stayed back to chat with me as we left the building and we decided to do dinner one of these days. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home