Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, August 29, 2005

VJ was surprised I've still not met my next-door neighbour so he volunteered to help me monitor. That is, he eyeballed the guy through my front door's peephole (at least 3 times) whenever he heard keys turn next door. The feedback I've gotten is that he's a young casually dressed Caucasian, but I've not had a chance to verify that till yesterday, when I heard my neighbour opening his door. Unfortunately, rather than open my door to say hi, I also eyeballed him through my front door's peephole. So yes, it is a cute blonde guy living next door but I don't think I'm going over to borrow sugar anytime soon.

Over the weekend, I've:
gone drinking at a hotel pub (it was surreal cos a live act belted out Chinese hits while tiny half-pigeons were served as appetizers with the drinks),
gone drinking at the same pub at Lan Kwai Fong for the 4th time in a row (though no seats this time round),
tried vegetarian dim sum for the first time (for a restaurant established since 1918, I had much higher expectations of the food though),
visited the Great Buddha statue on Lantau island (we also tried unsuccessfully to climb Lantau Peak, but the route is longer and more tedious than we realised),
done late night laundry (the security guards told me tenants had left their laundry in the washing machines as they left on trips and forgot all about it.. their clothes were fished out and later packed away in store rooms),
visited Victoria Park (filled with maids on leave),
visited Central Library (where I couldn't get a library card unless I have a local guarantor, so I'm asking a colleague to be one),
attended a Hello Kitty exhibition (quite cute actually),
ate bad laksa at a singaporean restaurant (the localized version doesn't contain coconut milk), and
still not touched my frying pan.

Not too shabby is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home