Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, August 26, 2005

Baking analogy at work. Yesterday I was conferring with another co-worker about the problem with my cake recipe, but she couldn't understand why cos the cake shouldn't have been big enough to hold all the ingredients I've listed out.

Then I discovered that the problem with the cake wasn't the recipe. It was the cake size. There was a global standard for the cake size and no one told me, so now I've got an oversized cake sitting in the oven.

The options were:
a) ask HQ for permission to have a bigger cake (a no-no),
b) have a bigger cake now but cut it down to size after it's baked (tedious), or
c) change the cake tin forcibly now before the cake set in.

It didn't surprise me that the brute force method is often the one that appeals most to non-baking folks, so ready or not, we're going to switch cake tins.

On a good note, I had nice meals with lainey and VJ, and I bought a cute kooky skirt from GOD (Goods of Desire). It's got 6 pockets and 3 slots to hold pens! I've never got a skirt with 6 pockets before so I'm quite thrilled! :)

TGIF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home