Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Today due to yet another National Day Parade rehearsal, I spent an extra hour commuting from Raffles Place to Esplanade. It all started when an ex-colleague gave me a lift to the Esplanade from an ex-colleagues' gathering, but the roads were all blocked. He had to drop me near Clifford Pier so I thought it'd be relatively easy to walk over to the Esplanade. Theoretically yes, if the pedestrian walkways weren't blocked as well. The army personnel I questioned told me to walk back to Raffles Place MRT to take a train to City Hall MRT station, so I walked all the way back and did exactly that. Except that I walked above ground from City Hall MRT station and the roads were blocked too, and I had to retrieve my steps to go via Citilink to the Esplanade.

Along the way, I felt so upset I nearly wanted to stop in my tracks and sit there by the curb and not do anything. I just couldn't believe there could be so many obstacles in my path, but somehow I didn't give up. I couldn't.

If only I can be like this in other aspects of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home