Random thoughts Stray memories

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The longest time I've ever looked at myself is only in the hair salon. There, while I have my hair washed and cut, I'll stare intently into the mirror and wonder if this is really the face I've grown into.

Today is my saddest since I've turned jobless. I've spoken truth too bluntly and perhaps unnecessarily. Some things need not be told.

I've picked up drinking coffee. Today I drank 2 mugs of coffee, and had to swap away another mug of coffee my mum got me for a mug of tea my brother wanted for himself. Recently my mum has taken to getting coffee for me too while she's buying her regular brew back home from the neighbourhood coffee shop. Though I'm fine with drinking coffee from the clear plastic bag, I was reluctant to drink it from a bowl when we ran out of clean cups to pour the coffee into. Since I could drink hot soup from a bowl, my mum couldn't understand why I couldn't drink coffee from it. And I didn't understand myself either, so I drank the coffee anyway. It felt odd cupping the bowl with my hands and sipping the coffee that way.

I am still busy. Being jobless doesn't mean squat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home