Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, January 22, 2005

It seems like I've been on a steep learning curve since the start of the year, and I'm not inclined to blog about any of it. I just want to live and learn everyday. I realise I'm still remarkably curious, and I'm glad.

I'm starting to be kinder to myself, even if that sounds odd. I know I don't want to be a high-flyer, and I've never wanted to be one. I know I don't buy the idea that work is a sideline to fund my off-work hours. I want to love what I do, and what I'm doing now doesn't have any place in my heart.

And I've made myself my first music compilation CD. I don't know if you've ever made one for yourself, but it's not as easy as it sounds. You have to select songs from all over the place which somehow fit together, and bear repeat listening. Maybe you'll have a private joke about why certain songs are chosen, and you'll grin to yourself whenever they get played. You'll be amazed at how contented you feel when this compilation is done. How complete. I've only had compilation CDs made for me before, but I've never made one for myself. Till now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home