Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, January 15, 2005

I've made a new year's resolution for 2005 and it has nothing to do with my career crisis actually. It's a bit embarrassing, but I plan to solve the Rubik's Cube.

I remembered playing with the Rubik's Cube when I was young, and never solving more than 1 complete face. As time passed by, I forgot all about it till I saw a friend playing with his cube recently and solving it repeatedly in minutes. Upon interrogation, he mentioned that he was practising one of the algorithms he lifted off the web. I thought oh, pattern recognition! and suddenly I was hooked. I couldn't find my old Rubik's Cube but was promised one from this same friend, so I'm bidding my time till he passes it to me and I can try on it.

Hmm. I wonder how many of the kids nowadays know what a Rubik's Cube is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home