Random thoughts Stray memories

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Today I went to sample CDs at Gramophone cos strangely, there are no copies of Kind of Blue (one of Miles Davis' best works) at Borders. I found a limited french pressing of this album, and brought that and Brian Wilson's Smile over to the sales assistant. He put Kind of Blue on and well, those who've heard it before may realise that Miles Davis' trumpet only kicks in after 50 seconds into the first song. In the meanwhile, some other patrons started lining up after me to sample music, so I told the sales assistant it's ok to stop cos I would buy the album anyway. But he smiled back earnestly and said, "Wait, the music gets better." So we hung on to listen to Miles, and that was nice cos I knew he didn't have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home