Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, December 13, 2004

Met girlfriends I've not seen for at least 10 years over lunch yesterday. I spotted the group, plopped myself unceremoniously down in a seat and went "hi!", before I realised that except for a closer friend, no one else really recognised me. After much gaping, someone said she would have walked past me along the streets without any sign of recognition. Everyone else could wear their school uniform and look more or less the same. Well, except for me. They didn't understand how I could've morphed into a "wild-child" who bother more about clubbing and playing pool than nursing babies. But once we settled down, people started recalling my past weird antics in school and felt relieved.

Somehow I feel that the present me is a little disappointing to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home