Random thoughts Stray memories

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Today a colleague fell ill and I did double duty while I found solace in an apple, dried seaweed and too many cups of milo. Someone bought lunch back for me and I've not stepped out of the office longer than 5 minutes at a stretch. (Incidentally, lunch was fishball noodles and a foreign co-worker commented that he won't ever eat fishballs cos they're so.. synthetic. It's like if you place a fishball and a fish side by side, you won't be able to tell that they're related right? Lucky for me, my body wasn't programmed to reject fishballs.)

Last one in the office again and feeling low when I came across this blog linked from Dave's. I cried reading through it and I realise how good it is to be alive. I can do little inconsequential things like wonder when my girlfriend and I should go visit the hairdresser's. I have time to listen to the same song again and again on auto-repeat. I can run (who cares if the distance is shorter and it gets less frequent). I can watch films, even the bad ones which I'm too stunned to walk out of. I can think about anything (information entropy leads the pack in practice and theory). I can complain about work and dream about quitting. I can spend Christmas with my family and friends.

I don't know you but I hope there's music where you are now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home