Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, November 19, 2004

Last night I watched Tommy, the zero-dialogue all-music movie based on the Who's rock opera. It garnered 2 Oscar nominations in 1975 but I have no idea why, cos it's just a big budget piece of shit (yes, really). It was so bad I couldn't stop watching; I couldn't believe it could get any worse (and of cos it did). The lead character Tommy was 6 yrs old when he witnessed his mother and her lover murder his father; thereafter he was so traumatised he became a self-imposed deaf and blind mute even till he grew up. He was abused in all manners as an excuse to save him, but nothing worked. Finally he found he was a champion at pinball (despite being deaf, blind and mute), and became a pinball messiah worshipped by the masses. Riight. I don't think I'm going to listen to the Who's music in a hurry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home