Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, April 16, 2004

Dinner and drinks with both travelmates at UK travelmate's home. Just 3 women snacking on green peas and chips, sipping vodka ribena and feeding the dog anything but dog biscuits. It's strange how familiar we are with one another now. The girls know if I'm tasked to buy chips, I'll end up getting Pringles' sour cream and onion flavoured chips which neither of them will get. Both prefer Lay's though the UK travelmate likes sour cream and onion too, while the US travelmate will rather original flavoured for Pringles. I watched TV for the first time in ages: a chinese quiz game show where losers fell through a trapdoor in the floor was quite amusing; the finale for a local chinese drama on 3 women and their quest for love was not. But it was nice just hanging out with the girls and dog.

I spent an hour walking to and fro my UK travelmate's place while listening to the entire Kings of Convenience album. I like this auto-pilot mode with zero thoughts in my head and just my heart responding to music. Ever seen me dance? Not pretty, but same principle.

My UK travelmate commented that I've a bigger built now, and have harder muscles than she does though she's always been the sportier one. Freaky that I'm turning into an Amazon just to satisfy my wish to pull myself up on the monkey bars. I'm just on the assisted chin-up machine in the gym now, and there's still a long way to go. But I'm getting there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home