Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, March 14, 2004

Haven't blogged for a while. Here's my first attempt at Friday Five then.

1. What was the last song you heard?

Manic Street Preachers' Tsunami on auto-repeat while I ran 7 km at 10.5 km/h on the treadmill. The treadmill was facing the window, so while I ran, I could see clouds floating by in various formations. Maybe this single stationary shot of clouds could be a music video.

What were the last two movies you saw?

Both from the Australian Film Festival: Swimming Upstream (excellent performance by Geoffrey Rush plus lots of eye candy, and no I don't mean Geoffrey) and Alexandra's Project (supposed to be experimental and edgy but I found it ridiculous).

What were the last three things you purchased?

Embarrassing. I bought a pair of casual black high heeled flip-flops which is supposedly the latest in-thing, cos of the technological breakthrough to marry some rubber bonding technique to heels. The salesgirl told me I could wear them to a beach party or to go clubbing. Right. 3 inch heels to trudge around in sand... I don't think so. Anyway, I passed by the shoe store on my way to the gym and tried out this pair, but didn't buy it then cos I thought they looked a bit Ah Lian and don't I have a gazillion pairs of shoes already? Then of cos I passed by again on my way from the gym and went in right away to buy them. And it was the last pair too!

Eh, what else? Facial toner, and a copy of this week's 8 Days.

What four things do you need to do this weekend?

What, only 4? Are we talking about need to do and have done, or need to do but not? I've attended the Scott Hicks forum, worked on the project with Dave, watched films, met friends, gone to the gym, and will be going out soon for family dim sum. One of my watches (Big Ben!) has stopped running, and I've got to get its battery changed.

Oh yeah, and I needed a drink so I had Kilkenny last night. In fact, all but one ordered Kilkenny too. Guess if there are only 2 beers and the other is Tiger, there isn't really any competition.

Who are the last five people you talked to?
Dave (online about the project), mum ("When are you going to get off the computer and go wash up?"), Leslie and 3 other friends (drinks at Soundbar last night).

And it's time for me to go now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home