Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, February 06, 2004

The network card on my office laptop has difficulty recognising and connecting to the different networks belonging to my company and customers. As a result, my office laptop is like the shy elusive loner who's moved into a new neighbourhood but whom no one has ever met. In comparison, my colleagues' laptops are friendly outgoing folks who eagerly establish ties and knock on their neighbours' doors the instant they move in. No one could diagnose exactly why my laptop is behaving the way it is, so my only solution is to keep rebooting it till it recognises and connects to the network. Somewhat like the brute force method of repeatedly evicting the shy loner out of his home and then moving him back in, until he finally caves in and goes next door to borrow a cup of sugar and say hi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home