Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, February 14, 2004

Lazy breakfast this morning with the guys. I ordered my usual garlic bagel, Dave's still addicted to his Eggs Benedict, and my best friend got a cranberry muffin (cranberry cos M has influenced him about its health value). It was nice just sitting around chatting and when Dave left, my best friend and I moved off to have drinks outside Burger King's.

You can't miss noting that it's Valentine's today cos there was lots of human traffic to and from the flower shop in Holland V. Guys scurrying by clutching bouquets of red roses; young girls carrying pink and red heart-shaped balloons. But meanwhile in my world, it's enough just to hear my best friend's deduction about why the cat sharing our table was probably pregnant, and watch her chew grass. Life was so simple that moment.

Afterwards, we dropped by the sports store where I bought a pair of 4kg vinyl dumbbells to replace my current lightweight aerobics ones. Then we went over to the supermarket. I mused on how domesticated he's gotten, when he phoned his wife about whether they should switch brands for cranberry juice (they reached a compromise and he got both brands). So he brought cranberry juice home on Valentine's Day rather than a bouquet of roses, but isn't that better somehow?

On the walk back, he pointed out a pink London cab to me and said that's the one and only one in the whole country. It was the first time either of us had seen it. I told him then I'd rather see a rare book or film or CD than this cab, but now I think about it, perhaps it's a fitting highlight to today.

So thanks for your company, and I'm so glad you've found love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home