Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, February 16, 2004

I took a cab home on Saturday night. When the cab stopped at my place, I rummaged through my bag to get my wallet in the dark. My hand closed on a yoyo ball which I've somehow left in the bag, and I remembered I've not swung any yoyo ball for a long time. Not since you. For the briefest moment, I forgot I was in the cab with a cab driver waiting patiently for his fare. Instead I remembered you searching in the grass in pitch darkness that one time we lost a yoyo ball. I told you not to bother, that I've got more. But you didn't listen, cos you couldn't bear to lose that one. So you carried on searching and found it (though your friend broke it accidentally later on, but that's another story). Then the cab driver swam into focus, I paid up and got home, and took that yoyo ball right out of my bag and sight.

Odd how insignificant objects trigger memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home