Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, December 14, 2003

I've been diligently cutting out discount coupons from the newspapers for Borders and Kinokuniya, and today I used them to buy a book on photography and another on women artists in the 20th and 21st century from both bookstores. Along the way I also borrowed Jonathan Franzen's Strong Motion from the library, so I'm quite blissed out. Now I just need to find time to watch Infernal Affairs I & II on DVD/ VCD before I tackle the third instalment in the cinema. And there's still the Duran Duran concert, and the preview for Return of the King. There doesn't seem to be enough time to do everything one loves.

As an aside, today I chanced upon a copy of the latest Manitoba album Up in Flames while sampling music at Borders. The thing is: the album was left in the E rack, though neither the musician nor the album title starts with E. Being me, I wondered if this could be a sign that the album was meant for me to find it, since I came across and bought the previous Manitoba album in a similar manner while sampling music at Borders too.

I decided to defy fate, and left the album where I found it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home