Random thoughts Stray memories

Wednesday, August 06, 2003

I'm not ok cos today I ran 10km (or 9.93km to be precise, while listening to Shirley Bassey belt out History Repeating again and again). The gym attendant told me I looked like I was out for revenge.

Work was unrewarding (so bad it made me want to run till my heart'd burst), but I wondered if I should still go to the gym after work cos that would be quite late and I was deadbeat. I debated about asking someone to go have dinner instead, but da mouse couldn't make it. He encouraged me to go run, and I said I was afraid I would start crying while running. Then he thought I better not go in that case, and I replied maybe other people would think I had muscle spasms if I cried. We pondered over that for a wee while and well, I went to the gym anyway.

Running is great cos my mind really takes time-off then. I think mundane thoughts like calculating the next time interval when the song will end and loop back; waiting for the current 5 minute block to be over; and speculating which guy will drop off the treadmill next.

Maybe I need to run 10km more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home