Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, June 07, 2003

Yesterday while flossing my teeth from a late night out, mum asked nonchalantly if I wanted to see something. When I said ok, she whipped out this beautifully preserved, enlarged black & white print of her whole family. A shot of 30 people, some long deceased, taken more than 30 years ago. In front of the family house in Malaysia that burnt down recently though no one got hurt. When mum took dad home to meet the family before they tied the knot. Where my older cousins were just tiny toddlers. Which I've NEVER seen before. My mum, unbelievable right?

Anyway, I gushed over the pic and asked her if negatives existed (though I didn't think so and was proven right). So I grabbed my digicam and mum and I experimented with different shots to preserve the pic in soft copy. (I don't own a scanner, 'fess up if you do!) Managed to get a reasonable shot but there's a soft reflective halo in it. Now this is my wallpaper. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home