Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, June 16, 2003

Today on the way from my customer's to my own office, the cab driver asked if I go to church. I replied no and waited curiously for his response. This isn't the first time cab drivers have spoken to me on religion, but everyone seems to have their own favourite topic.

This cab driver strangely, is focused on adultery. By reciting recent incidents where adulterous couples have been punished, he illustrated that we have to be faithful to our partner cos God is presiding over our lives. I nodded at the appropriate pauses so he could carry on. He knew I wouldn't be converting my faith in the backseat of his cab, and I knew he needed to know he tried. At the end of the journey, he handed me a pamphlet entitled What is your Life?. And the answer is: "You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." (James 4:14)

Ah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home