Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, June 13, 2003

101 things I should have blogged but was too lazy to till nearly 2am on a Friday morning. It figures.
+
Nowadays they check my temperature at the gym and I simply hate it. I have this stupid paranoid fear they'd plunge the ear thermometer deep in and pierce my eardrum, and I'd never hear music again. My instinct is to hold my breath, squeeze my eyes shut tightly and wait all tensed till it's over. Finally an attendant taking my temperature told me he never saw anyone react like this. Really? How could everyone else trust strangers with their ears?
+
Watched a movie on the italian opera Tosca, interspersed with footages of the orchestra and choir performing the soundtrack. Watched it not cos it's a classic, but cos of a band called Tosca. Strangely, my favourite scene is a black and white grainy shot of a small choir boy, crooked teeth and braces, saucer-big eyes and jug ears, singing a 2 minute segment of a non-essential shepherd boy. I'm surprised he even appeared as his scene was so superfluous, but to me he made up for everything else.
+
The Russian animation screening reminded me of a joke where a man got stabbed fatally and would die if he attempted to remove the knife from his heart. When asked if it hurt, he said "Only if I laugh".
+
A friend teasingly called me a Portuguese Jackrabbit recently and on the same day, I bought the latest Radiohead album. On it there's a song titled Myxomatosis, which turned out to be a disease for European rabbits. I was tickled by the coincidence and told him so. He replied he doesn't believe in coincidence, only in people.
+
When asked about my job, now I only reply that I'm a Zhong Dian Nu Yong (hourly maid), or what my friends term a Maria. It does make sense since I clean up after people and charge by the hour, so let's call a spade a spade.
+
A girl not old enough to watch R(A) movies (and didn't dare try) told me she felt old, cos she didn't hear old music on the radio anymore. When I asked what she considered old music, she replied Take That. And then I really felt old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home