Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, June 09, 2002

I bought a ring from every location we've travelled to: an amber ring in Warsaw; a mood ring in Krakow; a rosary ring in Budapest; and a bird ring in Prague (though Pupi insists that the bird looks like a banana, lol). I don't have enough fingers to wear all the rings I own.. still lack rings for my thumbs and little fingers.

Amber ring. Cos I don't own any yet.

Mood ring. It's not the first I've ever acquired but I never really understood how it works... till I found this explanation. Sounds more like a portable thermometer than a mood gauge though, and I guess the ring will normally be dark blue in this hot weather.

Rosary ring. Pupi and I bought identical rosary rings though we're not Catholics. 10 tiny knobs and a little figure of Mary dot the circumference of the ring, and one is supposed to rotate the ring while praying, in lieu of rosary beads. I think of it more like an awareness ring. Like when in anger, you can press the ring hard into your palm and let the pain stem the negative thoughts. Sounds a bit sado masochistic doesn't it?

Bird copper ring. 4 years ago on my first visit to Prague, I bought my cat copper ring on the Charles Bridge. This visit I returned to look for the stall that sold the cat ring, but I didn't find it. Found a similar stall though, and bought a bird ring for remembrance. I'm doubtful that I will return to Prague a third time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home