Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, May 25, 2002

What am I doing with my life? I'm marking time. I'm leaving reminders of what I did on my blog; with my photos and video clips; with my anal-retentively precise record of movies watched on my Palm V (down to the exact date, time and cinema); my minutely detailed list of books read and CDs bought. Basically there's not much variation between what I'm doing now and what I did last year.. 'cept it's a different book, a different movie, a different CD, a different travel destination. Everything is so routine and predictable I can walk through my life blindfolded.

I'm stuck in a rut and procrastinating. I'm always thinking let's wait till I get back from some trip, maybe that will jumpstart my life. 2 months after the Japan trip I'm still back to this. And I'm going to Poland now thinking life can be on hold till I come back. You know, in those magic shows where the magician makes the volunteer disappear and reappear later? Where does the volunteer go inbetween? Hiding behind some secret trapdoor, suspended in time, only waiting waiting waiting to emerge?

This is how I feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home