Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, May 12, 2002

Of the songs from Depeche Mode's Exciter album, there is one entitled Breathe which I have a fondness for. I don't think it's released as a single, it's more like a hidden gem. It's about a guy who has heard rumours that his relationship with a girl is falling apart, and he's pleading with her that it's not true. In the whole song, there's only one mention of "breathe", and it goes:

Put your head on my chest and breathe love

Like love is a vapour rub on his chest that she can inhale. But when Dave Gahan sings the line so imploringly, I involuntarily hold my breath cos he sounds so sad. I find that oddly amusing, that he made me do the reverse.

1 Comments:

  • I believe Martin does 'Breathe'....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home