Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, May 12, 2002

The delayed magazine. Last May there was an issue of Uncut with a cover story on Depeche Mode, but somehow it wasn't sold in the usual places. A friend managed to buy it though I didn't. It was this frustration that made me subscribe to Uncut so I won't miss any issue anymore. Recently the friend lent me this issue so I finally had a chance to read it. I never did watch Depeche Mode in concert... the last time they performed here I was in the midst of exams. The Depeche Mode article mentioned the difficulties the band was going through in those days with drugs, and how their latest album Exciter was made in their post-drugs redemption days. My take on drugs has always been that if you love the music enough, you don't need drugs to enhance your appreciation of it. But reading about Dave Gahan going on and off drugs so often like he had a death wish was heartbreaking. After reading this article, I listened to my copy of Exciter again. Trying to hear the salvation in his voice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home