Random thoughts Stray memories

Wednesday, April 03, 2002

Yesterday I met an old friend who left the country for an overseas posting about 2-3 years ago. She broke up with her boyfriend then. I guess it was hard for him to follow her there, and she didn't have much choice in terms of a good job here cos she's not a native and had specialized skills. They tried to make a long-distance relationship work in the beginning, but it was futile and gradually wore them both down. When I met her again yesterday, she was stopping over before carrying on to another posting in an exotic location. She's still single cos her job entails much travelling and not much chance to rest. She's her usual wonderful self, but she looked more tired and much much older. I wonder if I look like that to other people too.

And then I think back about the 2 of them not so long ago and I wish things had turned out better. I hope she'll be ok wherever she goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home