Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, April 01, 2002

Strange little flashback of Japan. I remember sitting at a desolate rural train platform, watching Shinkansen trains zooming by in both directions cos that station was too insignificant for a stopover. I remember smiling like an idiot cos the scene was so surreal.. I wondered about those tear jerker movie scenes where the couple separates lingeringly at a train station and it's all so romantic. But what if they separate on a train platform with the Shinkansen zooming by madly as a backdrop? No time for tender goodbyes as the Japanese are all too efficient in their train schedules.

Did I mention I finally boarded a train by accident? I took one bound for Tokyo cos it was 7 minutes ahead of the one I've reserved seats for, also bound for Tokyo. 7 minutes made a world of difference. The train conductor kicked me off at Nagoya so I can switch back to my intended train. He was funny... he echoed me when I said "Oh. My. God." upon discovering my error. I thought Punctuality has to be a religion for these folks, and if it is, won't I be right in place?

You know, I never read that novel I brought along 'cept while I was on the plane. There's just too much to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home