Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, December 21, 2001

When we were little kids, my mum used to bring my brother and I out to watch chinese weepy melodrama movies while dad's working. In those days, they had heavy folding cinema seats and my brother and I couldn't sit alone in one cos we didn't weigh enough to force the seats down. My mum then placed the 2 of us on one seat so our combined weights would do the job. It did, but my brother and I ended up sitting awkwardly, with one of us wedged in and the other, out. Not only that, it was odd seeing our mum sniffing and sobbing as the movie unfolded. You know how it goes, star-crossed lovers doomed to part, one of them has an incurable illness, or the couple is actually brother and sister.

It's funny how the roles have reversed and it's our turn to bring mum out for movies. Mum no longer likes watching the chinese weepies. Instead, she likes epic blockbusters and action flicks. In English. And I've become the sentimental one to sniff at movies. lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home