Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, December 10, 2001

On my KL trip. Despite Malaysia being Singapore's closest neighbour, I've not travelled to Malaysia frequently. In fact, the lame joke is I've been to Germany more often than I've been to Malaysia, and that's only a couple of visits. Though I'm quite independent backpacking to other parts of the world, I'm heavily reliant on my US and UK travel mates when we travel round Malaysia. Somehow I just switch off and am content to tag along wherever the girls go. It started off last December when we went with some other folks to spend New Year's eve in KL. Then we had a glorious time eating round KL (the famous duck sold by the Four Eyed Guy, bakuteh in Chinatown etc) as well as shopping. So this year we went back to KL to do exactly the same. Well, not exactly. Last year I bought 4 pairs of shoes back and this year I only bought 3 pairs.. but more on shoes in another post.

This trip I remember relaxing and drinking beer in the hotel room with the girls; taking the KL LRT for the first time; reading Lord of the Rings while the girls read their books at a cafe which sells heavenly cakes; getting caught in the jam at the customs at Sunday midnight.. We didn't manage to eat bakuteh this trip but maybe next year? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home