Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, December 10, 2001

On shoes. Generally I think women have more intense relationships with their shoes than men. Buying shoes is gratifying and we don't seem to have enough shoes. To us, every pair of shoes has a tale to tell.

I used to own a pair of 4 inch open-toed black heels, kinda elevated like platform ones and the most dangerously tottering pair I've owned. I bought them while shopping with my ex, simply cos he jokingly asked me to buy a higher pair of heels to compensate for my lack of height. I only wore them a handful of times and after breaking up, promptly threw them away. Never buy shoes cos of other people.

My favourite pair of shoes though is this pair of çheap beat-up worn brown leather slippers. I've worn them to death for more than 2 years and I've bought replacement casual shoes in the thought of retiring the slippers. But somehow I'm reluctant to do so and carry on wearing them. Maybe I'll only give them up when the soles come off? lol.

On this KL trip, I bought whimsical shoes: creamy strappy heels with huge roses attached; brown loafers; black strappy wedge heels. Somehow, visiting KL for me seems to tie in with buying shoes. It's crazy cos I still haven't worn some shoes I bought a year ago from the previous trip. Hoarding shoes doesn't seem too bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home