Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, November 25, 2001

Spent a lazy day at home before meeting up with limabean for dinner. I suggested trying out this noodle bar called Yellowtail in Paragon's basement cos I've seen it a few times but have never eaten there before. It turned out that today was actually their last day of operation... what a weird coincidence. Basically they only sell fishball noodles there and you can pick the soup base and the type of noodles you fancy, but fishball noodles is actually the last on my list when it comes to ordering noodles... I don't seem to like it much. Dinner was fine though.

Afterwards we dropped by Bread Talk cos limabean had never tried the bread there, and for the second day in a row, I bought pastry there. Maybe I should seek some endorsement deal from these folks for free publicity eh? :) Then we wandered into Watson's and came across these mini-games on keychains. We got pretty excited and limabean ended up with a mini-backgammon set while I bought a mini-scrabble set. I just browsed through the mini-keychain catalogue and have fallen in love with these other stuff like the mini-mousetrap keychain (wonder what it is!), mini-magnetic poetry, mini-boggle, mini-ouija board, mini-etch-a-sketch, and most impressively, a mini Lava Lite lamp!

We proceeded to Mac's where I tried out the coke float with pearls. I have a thing for coke floats and I also have a thing for pearl tea, but mixing both is too surreal for me. limabean then taught me how to play my first backgammon game. I guess we looked fairly ridiculous... 2 adults using their stubby fingers to shift round tiny pieces on a board the size of a palm, and tossing the smallest pair of dice that I've ever seen. Man, my antibiotic capsule is at least 4 times the size of it! It was fun and I'm quite tempted to get a mini-backgammon keychain too, cept I can't get all the rules straight. lol. We started but didn't manage to finish a game on my mini-scrabble. Lining up these little magnetic specks of letters on our palms was incredibly weird, and there's only like 31 letters in the game. Aww. Must bring the mini-scrabble out some time to challenge folks I played online Literati with! :)

The weekend is over before it's even begun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home