Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, November 25, 2001

I managed to sleep about 5 hours before going for family dim sum. After that, I met my UK travel mate and we went down to Simei to check out the used library books store at Eastpoint Mall. The collection is quite dismal and not worth a trip, but I did manage to buy an old and slightly dog-eared copy of Burton G. Malkiel's classic book A Random Walk Down Wall Street for $3. 3TapRiff recommended it once and my best friend has even lent me his copy, but I've not gotten round to reading it for such a long time that I've finally returned it to him unread. I have no qualms about buying used books even if they're not well preserved. On the other hand, I've never sold off any of my books before. Unconsciously, I've taken further steps to prevent this from ever happening... by scribbling short inscriptions on the front pages of most books I own. I'll write my name, the date of purchase, and a little paragraph on the events leading up to the purchase of that book, as well as who I was with when I was buying the book. With so much personal information revealed, there's no way I'll ever sell any.

The rest of the day degenerated into a consumer orgy. I went into a buying frenzy and bought bread from Bread Talk, the December issue of Mixmag, Kate Bush's Best of album The Complete Story (which I've only got on cassette a long while back), Zero 7's album Simple Things (so I can return ttj his copy), a Chinese VCD movie and the December issue of Her World. Had dinner with Yoyo and ttj at Marche, and we ended up drinking at Coffee Bean while browsing through Her World. Flipping through women's magazines with men is a totally different experience altogether, they focus on all the odd stuff. lol.

Anyway, I'm home blogging now instead of braving it out at Zoukout, and in a little while I'll be off to bed. I'm looking forward to sleeping already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home