Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, July 02, 2001

You called from the airport while I was on my way out to catch a movie. You know sometimes I would listen to my cell phone with my left ear and still be plugged into music from my Discman on my right ear, sort of like a soundtrack for the conversation... but I wasn't listening to any music yesterday. I thought an appropriate album to have listened to then would be Brian Eno's Music for Airports. I wrote something about that album before, remind me to dig it up. But I think I told you before, I don't really like airports.

I was holding my cell phone in my left hand and snapping pics out the window with my new digicam in my right one, while you were walking aimlessly round the airport, wondering if you should buy a magazine to read. I said yes but you said the collection is dismal. You read out 4 magazine titles to me and I picked Cosmopolitan which of cos you didn't buy. I took an uninspired pic of the sky, but I kept it anyway. I don't remember exactly when you said it but you told me "Guys are jerks" (yourself included). I'll bear that in mind. lol. You saw a little child crawling around and contemplated taking her pic, but decided against it cos her dad was around. Chicken. :)

In less than a week it would be me at the airport but I wouldn't be bringing my cell phone along. I'm glad you brought yours though. I'll remember this phone conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home