Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, May 05, 2001

Just came home from clubbing with my colleagues. This seemed like the first time we clubbed this year, so it's been a very long time. I have a problem clubbing with my colleagues cos we don't listen to the same type of music. Most of them are into the retro music which most clubs here play, but I guess I've had enough of that the first time round. I can't really dance to music I don't love, cos I believe you have to be true to the music which is true to you. Sounds corny but I do mean it. :) It's funny the way I dance with my colleagues cos when it's music they like, I will shuffle along painfully while they bounce happily and vice versa. I also prefer to close my eyes while dancing so I don't see people packing me in and somehow detract from the music.

Just now, I literally stood still in the middle of a packed dance floor when Whitney Houston's I Wanna Dance with Somebody (who Loves Me) came on. This is my least favourite song of all time. If you want to torture me, you know how now. lol. Early Rick Astley does the same thing too. Certain music is instinctively very salah to me.

For most people I know, watching people at clubs is the foreground activity while listening to music is the background task. It's the reverse for me... I operate on FAB (Foreground As Background) mode. I can't remember the people who are at the next table but I am very keen on identifying songs that are being played.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home