Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, March 05, 2007

You have recipe books which you don't refer to. Instead, you like to search for recipes online. The problem is you don't own a printer and we're too lazy to copy the recipes out. As a result, we had to run back and forth between the kitchen and bedroom as we started forgetting the recipes. Sometimes I caved in and summarized recipes on tiny scraps of receipts (though not too precisely). There was once when you asked if I meant "teaspoon" or "tablespoon" in terms of measurement and I replied confidently "tablespoon" when of course, it was the former. And there was the time we left out the sauce mixture for a fish dish, because I thought I had asked you to run back to the computer to check the recipe, and you thought I had told you I didn't think there was a sauce. Strangely, everything still turned out delicious somehow.

Our next cooking attempt will probably be to replicate my dad's fried rice cake. I think dad would have liked that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home