Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, May 13, 2006

The people are so friendly in Philippines that the security checks seem strangely out of place there:

The thorough check of vehicles, even down to the glove compartment.
The sign asking people to leave their firearms outside when they enter buildings.
The necessity to walk through a metal detector everytime I enter the hotel.
The need to show my plane ticket at the airport entrance, before I was allowed to enter the airport (and then being submitted to about 3-4 security checks thereafter).
The removal of my flip-flops for scanning at the airport.

Even so, I think it'll be interesting to visit this country and spend some time getting to know it.

1 Comments:

  • Yeah it is an intriguing country. Wish I could go back and take a look.

    So did u leave ur firearms outside? ;)

    By Blogger Davester, at 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home