Random thoughts Stray memories

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mundane incidents in my life so far.

Last week, while fiddling to remove my earstuds (it hurt to press them against the phone receiver during long teleconferences), I dropped the backclip of one and failed to recover it. Now, I don't bother to wear earstuds to work anymore (well, not until the number of teleconferences decrease).

The glass piece also fell off my watch face for the second time since I've bought it (it's been 4.5 years but still). For an expensive Swiss watch, surely there should be better quality control than this? I brought it to the service centre, and it would be at least 3 months before I see it again.

Last evening, we went running again. I remembered 2 things from that run:
1) When I gasped after 8km, you turned and told me I could make it (for another 600m or so). I wasn't going to stop, but your words spurred me to sprint the last 100m.

2) I took you to eat XO crab bee hoon after the run, and we ran short of $2 for the meal. The coffeeshop lady was kind enough to waive the amount, and said we could repay her on our next run or when we were in the area.

And it's odd that I work downtown but still haven't ventured to check out the Great Singapore Sale. Maybe it's time for some retail therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home