Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, February 20, 2006

While wandering round Borders over the weekend, I came across a poetry compilation by Charles Bukowski called "Play the piano drunk like a percussion instrument until the fingers begin to bleed a little", which I don't have yet. I mused over it but in the end, got John Ratey's "A User's Guide to the Brain" instead to see "what ways the structure and chemistry of the brain determines our perceptions, emotions and behaviour, and what we can do to shape its functions to our advantage".

Somehow I couldn't help but feel this seemed to mirror my career choice.

1 Comments:

  • heya, noticed u talk on a bit abt ur career. just wanna share my exp recently (i.e. taking a step back) and be thankful you (and i) do have a career to speak off and not some rat in the maze knocking against deadends.

    chew the cheese slowly, babes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home