Random thoughts Stray memories

Monday, February 06, 2006

Sorry for the late response but hey, I've been tagged by Electrin! :)

Name five of life’s simple pleasures that you like most, then pick five people to do the same. Try to be original and creative and not use things that someone else has already used:

Eh. I think it'll be hard not to repeat someone else AND be frank, so I chose the latter. Haha!

1. Music, including
- listening to a song I love on auto-repeat, especially if it's a wrap-around song (ie. the end fits seamlessly with the beginning of the song)
- stumbling onto brilliant musicians I didn't know anything about
- discovering new song/ album/ musician with whimsical names that make me smile even before I've heard them
- discussing music with other enthusiasts, either for nostalgia or to learn something new (even if it involves sound fidelity rather than music per se)
- being given songs which friends want to share (especially as a surprise)
- sampling at music stores for hours on end
- dancing without inhibitions and with my eyes closed
- introducing music I like to people who've not heard it before
- attending concerts and enjoying the spontaneity of music

Hmm. That's more than 5 things already isn't it?

2. Running, especially while listening to music (if only I can run while reading!)
3. Reading, especially while listening to music (but I can read anywhere.. I remember declaring once that I could try to read in a washing machine.. if only I can read while running!)
4. Travelling (to be somewhere else so I can be reminded of how big the world is and to keep our myopic lives here in perspective)
5. Playing pool (for the simple reason that it relaxes me though I'm not that good at it)

Whether you've been tagged before or not (not that I can recall), I'm tagging:
Dave
Quest
Yoyo
my best friend

I realise I've tagged one less than requested but I'm lazy. There you go.

7 Comments:

  • hey! i knew of one guy who could read while running @ 12km/h. no kidding - i witnessed it. his advice? master salsa! :D

    b12, it's dat guy in the gym u tried to out run/cycle/step last year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 PM  

  • r u sure he absorbed what he read? wat was he reading anyway? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:40 PM  

  • he did coz he was always telling me abt it after the run over drinks. some cheemalogy IT stuff, i recall vaguely. he was an IT guy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 AM  

  • you're not that bad at pool, ky & i have been sparring but we've stopped playing cause we picked it up cause we ran out of things to do...
    shd play billiards so that u'd be better at 9feet pool which wd be better than puny 6feet tables..

    have u read craig thompson's blankets? pass u

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 PM  

  • thanks, but I've already read Craig Thompson's "Blankets" some years ago :)

    if someone can explain the rules of billiard to me, i'm keen to try (cept i dislike long tables where my height is at a disadv, haha!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:26 PM  

  • something quite different but have you found this poem in English? I'm looking for it.

    Beloved be the one who sits down.
    - Cesar Vallejo. This line recurs through the Swedish film Songs from the Second Floor. Excellent show.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 AM  

  • Ah. You've quoted from my Jan 2002 entry :) Pls see my latest blog entry.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home