Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Today was lovely.

Had brunch and beer today with an ex-colleague and his girlfriend. The ex-colleague is more like a younger brother I was mentoring at the production company where I did that short one-month stint. He gave me a farewell present but what touched me more was that he bothered to write a letter to me. I guess I had the warm fuzzy feeling pumpkin had when his ex-student went up to greet him. :) This boy has a lot of potential and I really hope he can go far.

Then I met Anarchy to watch the documentary film Gate of Heavenly Peace, which was on the Tiananmen incident. An interviewee compared the Tiananmen incident to the devouring of an unripe fruit. Though the fruit wasn't ripe, people were too hungry and decided to eat it anyway. What resulted was a feeling of unease and a bad taste in the mouth.

Over dinner, the girls tried to impart cooking tips to me for my stay in Hong Kong. Needless to say, I was quite traumatised. Anyone who knows me will know that domesticating me will be a major project in itself. But maybe, just maybe, this is the year I learn cooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home