Random thoughts Stray memories

Sunday, July 03, 2005

During her last disappearing act, the magician's assistant disappeared for 3 whole months. The magician had nearly given up hope on her. "I taught her everything she knew to perfect her disappearing act!" he exclaimed. "But instead of concentrating on the tried and proven, she started experimenting impulsively with new vanishing techniques! Disappearing is not impulsive! Disappearing is a calculated act of precision!"

But she finally reappeared one day on stage: curiously subdued, strangely tanned and glassy-eyed. Everyone heaved a sigh of relief to have her back, because her disappearance had left a gap in the magic act which no one else could fill.

"Where did you go?" the magician asked crossly.

"I don't know" was her slow quizzical reply. "I visited a strange land where huge colourful flowers bloomed and exotic animals sang and roamed. Everywhere was lit with warm sun and my spirit knew no bounds. I wandered far and wide and as much as I learnt about this wonderful place, I know there is much more yet to uncover."

The magician saw her face and softened. "You didn't want to come back," he stated.

"No I didn't," she said sadly. "I know I won't be able to find a way to go back once I've returned here. But I also know that sooner or later I had to give it up.

In the end we all do what is necessary."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home