Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Today Glow and his friend mentioned that they are playing pool nowadays at a pub. Perhaps it was the way my face lit up that they invited me to join them some time too. That really brought home to me the fact that I've not played pool for quite a while. In fact, my favourite pool place has already closed down. It was the only place that issued me a lifetime membership card printed with my initials instead of my full name, and I still carry that card though it's useless now. Like Dave said, it felt like the passing of an era.

This evening, my secondary school girlfriend, Yoyo and I went drinking with my group of new friends (and coincidentally my sec. school girlfriend knew some of them before I did). We ended up at a pub which featured a 5 feet baby pool table that allowed unlimited free play. Inbetween listening to travel stories of my girlfriend (she got proposed to during her trip, now why didn't that happen to me? lol) and drinking beer to unwind, Yoyo and I eyed the pool table hungrily while a couple kept playing on it. Luckily, he managed to get the table in the end and we shot a few rounds. The irreverent company was fun and hilarious, but playing pool really was the icing on the cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home