Random thoughts Stray memories

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Strange how a morning person like me can slowly evolve into a night owl without a daily work routine. It's after 2am and still, sleep eludes me. Oh, and there isn't any milk. lol. I've finally finished reading Audrey Niffenegger's The Time Traveller's Wife which I bought way back in late Dec 2003.

Due to a conversation I've had today, I'm also thinking about the Primal Scream gig at Zouk a couple of years back. I went alone cos the friend who was supposed to come along didn't remember the date of the gig. I've attended gigs alone before, but I've always been fortunate to bump into friends at the gigs themselves. The Primal Scream gig was the only exception to the rule.

I remember standing by myself on the steps above and overlooking the stage, being a patient Sphinx. I didn't dance to the music, which was odd wasn't it? I remember waiting for my favourite Primal Scream song to be performed (and it was). All the while, I was riveted by the rotating disco mirror ball overhead.

The music was good but it was my loneliest gig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home