Random thoughts Stray memories

Thursday, March 17, 2005

This is how we met.
We were in the same kindergarten class. I wrote my alphabet in slow deliberate strokes using a ruler, so the letters could be straight and tall; but somehow they would end up small letters hovering uncertainly inbetween lines. You held your scissors in an unwieldy manner, with your thumb and middle finger in the scissor loops. We thought we were kindred spirits.

This is how we met.
We were strangers sitting beside each other watching a movie I couldn't recall. There was a scene where a guy unsmilingly flicks away the tentative fingers of a girl trying to hold his hand. You heard me cry and when the lights came up at the end, you said "hey" and I looked at you, all trembling lips and shiny eyes.

This is how we met.
You called my phone by mistake and the first thing I heard was music in the background behind you. It was the same tune that was running through my head the whole day but the title simply eluded me. I asked you what the song was; and though you realised hearing my voice that I wasn't who you were searching for, you paused briefly and told me anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home