Random thoughts Stray memories

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Some customers called me from China on my last day of work to bid me farewell. They passed the phone receiver back and forth between them as they took turns to talk to me. I even remember the birthday of one of them. I didn't cry then.

A colleague voluntarily walked 10 minutes over to my office building to accompany me on a walk back to his building. He talked about the time I was offsite at a customer's alone on a project, and he had promised to come visit me for lunch. I was there for nearly 8 months and he never came. He told me this time he would come visit me at my new company for lunch. He looked so sad it felt like his last day instead. I didn't cry then.

The colleague I handed over to hugged me at the end of the day. We've never hugged all these years but when I said goodbye and meant to shake his hand, he hugged me instead. He will inherit my world of worries and he doesn't deserve it. I didn't cry then.

I met up with the girls and somehow drinks ended up at the pub opposite my company, or should I say my ex-company. I've never come here to drink all this time though it was so close and I didn't expect to end my night here.

And then the tears came.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home