Random thoughts Stray memories

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Today I snapped. I was in a meeting with people who've taken my work for granted, and saw more shit lined up for me. I realised then that I've had no time to read the newspapers or eat breakfast for 2 consecutive days; that I would still be the first and last person in the office everyday; that I absolutely hate mindless administrative work; and I have to save myself. I want to talk to people. I want to make mind maps. I want to take risks. I want to make waves.

And I wandered over to EMJEM and saw this excerpt from George Orwell: "And there is another feeling that is a great consolation in poverty. I believe everyone who has been hard up has experienced it. It is a feeling of relief, almost of pleasure, at knowing yourself at last genuinely down and out. You have talked so often of going to the dogs - and well, here are the dogs, and you have reached them, and you can stand it. It takes off a lot of anxiety."

It's time to go visit the dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home