Random thoughts Stray memories

Friday, December 03, 2004

I've found out today that it is possible to have sauerkraut on a pizza. Wow. I wonder how they came up with that. Did chefs sit around brainstorming in the kitchen when someone came up with the bizarre idea to marry German and Italian cuisine?

Anyway, after dinner we all gathered round a large calendar featuring different travel destinations, and tried to guess the locations by looking at the scenery (except I cheated near the end cos I discovered there were footnotes naming the places, and caught people offguard by my accurate guesses, haha! And USA was featured in 3 out of 12 months, how biased!)

There was the usual strange banter over the largest packet of dried Japanese fish b12 brought along (which we jokingly referred to as the wallpaper). We invented a new pick-up line: "Do you wanna do my laundry?" and chatted idly.

Oh, and what I've discovered about the Dutch are:
1. Dutch insults involved archaic illnesses, eg. "go get cholera!"; and severity of insults are not dependent on severity of illnesses. And that to call someone an acorn is an insult (well at least if you're Dutch).

2. I don't know any Dutch musicians except DJ Paul van Dyk and the Urban Dance Squad. Sad.

The most important question now though, is whether I can hit the office again at 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home