Random thoughts Stray memories

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Today is beautiful because:
1) Sight & Sound arrived miraculously (well, if a disgruntled evening courier could be considered a miracle).

2) I love "Thirty two short films about Glenn Gould". Everything from how he hummed as he played on his piano; how he likened the radio to wallpaper; how he read music before he read words; how he thought of the audience-to-artist ratio as 1:0; how I learnt a new word from watching the film (Arboretum.. a word I've never heard of before all my life); and especially! especially! especially! his lovely rendition of "The Well-Tempered Klavier" (which was also featured in the animation Belleville Rendezvous). I've never been an active listener of classical music, and I confess I am grossly ignorant in this field. But I can appreciate Glenn Gould because he too, was no good without music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home