Random thoughts Stray memories

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

As requested by lainey :), here are the books I've bought in NY:

1. Da Capo Best Music Writing 2001
Bought at a compound for branded goods sale. Strange.

2. P.J. O-Rourke - All the Trouble in the World.
First book I've bought from Strand Books.

3. Martha Cooley - The Archivist.
Second book I've bought from Strand Books on my second trip past it.

4. 4 Screenplays of Ingmar Bergman:
Smiles of a Summer Night
The Seventh Seal
Wild Strawberries
The Magician

Bought from the Newberry library book sale in Chicago. I've only watched the movies Seventh Seal and Wild Strawberries, and to be frank, I'm not that big on Bergman though his films are superb. They plod on too slowly.

5 & 6. International Film Guide 1965
Bought the only 2 identical copies from the Newberry library book sale in Chicago.

7. Richard Dyer MacCann - Film: A Montage of Theories
Bought from the Newberry library book sale in Chicago.

8. Gareth Branwyn - Jargon Watch: a pocket dictionary for the jitterati.
Last book bought from Strand Books cos it was so small and wouldn't dent my already full luggage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home